The Majura Park Gun Club (MPGC) is situated on the Sporting Shooters Association Australia (SSAA) ACT shooting complex in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), approximately 10 minutes from the heart of Canberra, Australia’s capital city. The club specialises in competition clay target shooting with a range of disciplines and facilities including:
- 4 DTL (Down The Line) layouts
- 1 ISSF Trench layout
- 1 Ball Trap
- 1 Skeet layout
- 1 perment Sporting Clays layout
- 16 Sporting traps including Chondel, Rabbit, Battue, Middi and Mini
- Powerful lighting towers suitable for competition night shooting in all disciplines
- An air conditioned and heated club house with kiosk (food, tea and coffee) and licensed bar
- Amenities block – toilets and shower facilities with mains power outlet
- Camping is permitted at the grounds with prior notice and approval at a cost of $10 per adult per night
(please contact us via the contact page)
Trap shooting disciplines utilise wireless voice activated Canterbury traps throwing White Flyer targets.
Sporting disciplines utilise wireless manual controllers and/or wireless voice activated traps (specially designed for Sporting Clays) throwing a variety of exotic targets, including Rabbits, Battue, Middi and Mini.
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Australian Clay Target Association, Field and Game Federation and Field and Game Australia members are invited to join us for club events. The clubs committee and members hope to see you at our next shoot! Check out our 2016 shooting calendar for coming events
The MPGC is affiliated with both the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia and Field and Game Federation NSW and is also part of the New South Wales Clay Target Association Southern Zone.
The MPGC constitution is lodged with the Office of Regulatory Services in ACT under A03813.
A copy of the club constitution rules can be found here.