To cater to for new shooters we have established a regular Wednesday night Beginners shoot. New shooters will receive tuition, even if you have never held a gun before and coaching for those that want to improve their skills.
Beginners are only catered for on Wednesday nights and as such these instructor led squads are very popular. We suggest you arrive as early as possible to sign up and secure a spot. Sign up begins at 5pm with a cut off time of 7:30pm. If you have signed up between these times, you will shoot.
Due to the popularity of the Beginner sessions, we do NOT take bookings. If you are a part of a group and would like to shoot together, everyone in your group must be present at the time of sign up.
In order to shoot …
- You MUST have photographic ID in order to shoot, No ID, No shooting, No Exceptions.
- In order to shoot, you must be 12 years or older.
- If you are under 18, you will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Younger or smaller shooters will be assessed by their instructor to ensure that they are capable of safely handling a firearm. Shotguns are heavy and may be difficult for smaller individuals to handle.
- Shooters MUST be wearing closed shoes, no thongs or sandals, no high heels.
- A t-shirt MUST also be worn, no singlet tops.
The current charge is $40.00 per person which includes the use of a club gun, club jacket, 25 cartridges, up to 25 targets, ear plugs and full instruction. To nominate, see the office staff located at the administration desk in the clubhouse and they will place you into a squad. The club has an excellent canteen which provides hot meals and cold drinks. Beer and spirits are available only to those who are not shooting or have finished shooting.
Keep in mind you will not be able to shoot if you have (or it is believed you have) consumed either alcohol or drugs.
Note: The minimum age for participation is 12 years although children under 12 are welcome to attend the club as are any family or friends regardless of their participation in an event or shoot.